Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Week 15 - Photo Challenge (Adults Category)




This will be my first entry in the I ♥ Faces adult contest. To see more great entries click here. http://iheartfaces.blogspot.com/

I forgot I had this picture of myself that I took almost 3 years ago. There is a great story behind this photo... and yes I am going to share it with Add Imageyou (lucky you!)

My father is a self taught photographer and when I would visit him he would take these incredible pictures of me. I thought at times... wow maybe I'm not that ugly in real life (:D. I always deleted pictures of me when I took them or someone else did because I always looked so horrible in them.


Me knowing nothing about photography at that point came to a conclusion that it wasn't the person behind the camera that knew what they were doing it was the extremely expensive camera that could take a nice photo. So of course I decided to buy a nice camera. My first camera I purchased was a Olympus Evolt 300. I found a great deal on it on Amazon and bought it. When I got the camera a week later I dragged all the kids to the park for a photography adventure. I soon realized that my "amazing" camera that I thought I bought was no better then the cheap point and shoot fuji I had already owned. Well I take that back... the camera was better.... but I wasn't.

While we were taking pictures at the park on the way home (It was extremely hot that day) we got into the car and gulped down lots of water. I took my camera and decided to take some pictures of me (hoping they would be "photography perfect!) So I was in my driver seat taking pictures of me. They just weren't very good. So I got this bright idea I would BLAST the air conditioner and get a picture of me with my hair blowing in the wind...

So with my camera was up on the steering wheel, the air conditioner blowing around the hair, and me pretending to be some model looking away into outerspace, this was the ONLY one out of dozens of pictures that managed to survive all these years. I have a tendency to go back at all my thousands of photos and deleting the ones I don't like. So I figured maybe there was a reason it was still around...

3 comments:

angie {the arthur clan} said...

I love the story behind your photo...it is very dramatic!

Fun "meeting" you this week. :)

~Angie
co-founder of I ♥ Faces

Shae said...

i'm glad you kept it around.

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL... WAKE UP AND REALIZE IT!

BETH

blogging buddies